I have to thank God for blessing me with a man who is down to try whatever and I mean WHATEVER concoction I whip up in the kitchen. The nice thing about Len is that he is not afraid to let me know when my meals are just straight BOO BOO (thank goodness this does not happen often since I am quite emotional). This recipe is great to put together when you have a long day because you can make it the night before and even have your kids or significant throw it in the oven the next night when you are unable to. If your household is anything like mine, meals must be prepared if I am not going to be home on time for dinner because I am the chef of the house (don’t get me wrong, I love it). If you choose to prepare this meal ahead of time, wait to add the Ritz crackers until you are ready to cook.
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Cup of Instant Rice
1 Sleeve of Ritz Crackers, Crushed
1 Can of Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
1 1/2 Cups of Broccoli
1 1/2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1/4 inch bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients not including the Ritz crackers.
- Grease 9×13 glass dish.
- Pour mixture into glass dish and sprinkle ritz crackers over the top.
- Place in oven for 40-50 minutes checking mixture after first 30 minutes. Once chicken is cooked through, your meal is complete.
- For a crispier topping, place your dish in the broiler for an additional 3-5 minutes, after finished cooking.
Hope you enjoy this easy and delicious casserole!