I have had three people tell me that Chicken Parmesan is “too hard” to make and I had to laugh. If you are one of those people who believe that meals like Chicken Parmesan is a meal that is too difficult to make, please do me a favor and please TRY this recipe out! Not only is it SUPER easy, but it is also delicious! I planned to have leftovers for myself and Len the following day, but he ended up finishing off three whole servings in one sitting…
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts, pounded down to thin 1/2 in. pieces
1/2 Cup Flour
1 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Cut each chicken in half, horizontally after pounding each piece to 1/2 in. You may season the meat with salt and pepper for more flavor.
- In a shallow dish or plate, add flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs.
- In a third dish or plate, mix the breadcrumbs and the parmesan.
- Individually, dip each piece of chicken in the flour, egg, and then breadcrumb and parmesan mixture until evenly coated.
- Add oil to a skillet and let heat for one minute.
- Once heated, add chicken to oil for 3 minutes on each side or until golden coloring appears and the meat is cooked all the way through.
- Place chicken on sheet pan (I recommend covering with aluminum foil), top with mozzarella cheese and broil on high until cheese has melted and began to turn brown.
- Top with spaghetti sauce and serve with a pasta of your choice!
Hope you enjoy this easy and delicious casserole!