During my busy days, I love to make casseroles. Reason so being, 1) They usually do not have a long prep time and 2) I usually have leftovers for lunch the next day! This recipe is not only delicious, but easy, and has a quick prep time for those days when you need a little extra time around the house to catch up on laundry!
1 Ib Ground Turkey
1 Package Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes
1/2 Cup Onion, diced
1 Cup Seasoned Italian Bread Crumbs
1/4 Cup Bacon, cooked & chopped
1 1/2 Cups Water
1/2 Cup Milk
2 TBSP Brown Sugar
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Cup Mozzerella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- In a medium size saucepan, bring water and milk to a boil.
- Once water and milk is brought to a boil, remove from heat and stir in the package of mashed potatoes. Once finished, set aside to let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, onions, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, and egg. You may use a large spoon to mix the ingredients, but I have found that your hands tend to work better.
- In an 8 Inch square baking dish or a pie dish, press the meat mixture evenly across the bottom of the pan.
- Using the back of a spoon or a spatula, spread the mashed potatoes over the meat mixture, evenly.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Once 30 minutes have passed, remove pan from oven and take the aluminum foil off.
- Layer the top of the potatoes with the cheese mixture and bacon and cook for another 10-15 minutes until cheese begins to brown.
- Make sure when you remove from the oven, let cool for about five minutes before serving!
Hope you enjoy this easy and delicious casserole!